At J & V Modern Cabinets all our cabinets are custom made and designed to suit your space, style and requirements. Your cabinets can be made from a range of different materials from the vast range we provide to suit your entertainment or home theatre requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answer you need may only be a click away...
Please browse through our FAQs to find answers to any of your questions relating to our products and services. If you can't find the answer to your specific question, please feel free to contact us for further information.
- 1. Are your cabinet makers trade qualified?
Our qualified cabinet makers have over 40 years experience in individually hand-crafting each piece to your needs and specifications.
- 2. Are your cabinets Australian made?
Yes. All our cabinets are manufactured in Victoria and the company is proudly 100% Australian owned.
- 3. Can I DIY my own kitchen cabinet installation?
Yes. Flat pack kitchens are available on request.
- 4. Do you provide a catalogue or price list?
Our catalogue is coming soon.
- 5. Do you provide standard cabinets or made to measure?
All our cabinets are custom made in our showroom to the size and specifications to suit each individual project.
- 6. How long have you been in business?
J & V Modern Cabinets are a totally 100% Australian family owned and operated cabinetry business offering a comprehensive range of custom kitchen, bathroom, laundry and built in cabinetry solutions. We have been operating in Melbourne's north for over 40 years. We design, manufacture and install custom made cabinets of all sizes and function to the highest quality finish - you can be assured you will receive the best product and service for your project.
- 7. How much will my new kitchen cost?
Prices will depend on the scope and size of your individual project. Initially we will organise a consultation to ascertain your expectations for your new dream kitchen. Design, layout, cabinet and hardware options will be determined. You will then receive a fully itemised quote with cabinet, appliance, and hardware break downs as well as expected time frames for delivery and installation.
- 8. I don't need a new kitchen. What other cabinets do you manufacture?
Although we specialise in custom made kitchens, at J & V Modern Cabinets, all our cabinets are custom made and designed to suit your space, style and requirements.
We manufacture and install the following custom made cabinets:
- Custom made kitchens and butler pantries.
- Custom made bathroom vanities.
- Custom made laundry cabinets.
- Custom made wardrobe and walk in robe cabinets.
- Custom made office cabinets, desks and shelving units.
- Custom made built in furniture - entertainment and home theatre units.
- Custom made outdoor kitchens and bars.
- Commercial shop fronts and cabinetry for offices, schools and health centres.
- 9. What are your time frames to have my new cabinets installed?
Depending on the size and scope of your kitchen it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on average.
- 10. What guarantees do you offer?
J & V Modern Cabinets offer a 30 year guarantee on all cabinets, doors and benchtops, and all hardware with a lifetime guarantee.
- 11. What is the process to have a new kitchen installed?
Every kitchen installation is different, but generally the basic kitchen installation process includes these steps:
- Consultation to ascertain your expectations for your new dream kitchen. Design, layout, cabinet and hardware options are determined.
- Fully itemised quote with cabinet, appliance, and hardware break downs as well as expected time frames for delivery and installation.
- Once approval and deposit is achieved we begin manufacture.
- Your old kitchen is removed and discarded.
- Any plumbing that is required, is installed and left turned off.
- New electrical points, if required, are installed.
- The walls are repaired and prepped for paint.
- If a completely new floor surface is required, this is completed.
- The kitchen cabinets are installed.
- The bench top is measured.
- The bench top and splash back are installed.
- The plumbing is connected and the kitchen is functional.
- If only a partial kitchen floor is required, it is done last.
- 12. Where can I find customer Testimonials?
Why do customers continue to refer us to their friends and family? Our commitment to personal service, attention to detail and consistent high standards has helped us to develop a very strong, loyal client base. Read what our clients have to say about our service.